I hear you... Regarding the meeting about the Orange Bowl between ND and the ACC: I don't buy it. I think the OB was a cover story for a negotiation about ND possibly joining the ACC. Here's why:
1) ND supposedly met with 4 ACC university presidents, not the ACC commissioner.
2) The ACC Expansion Committee is made up of 4 faculty members, 4 athletic directors, and 4 UNIVERSITY PRESIDENTS, with each school being represented in one ofthose groups.
3) VT president Steger is one of the 4 university presidents on the committee.
4) It was rumored Steger was at the meeting with ND.
5) If the ACC and ND were talking only about the OB, then Swofford would have been the ACC rep and the deal could have been done over the phone, not at a secret meeting spot in the mountains.
It was how ND could be potentially phased in when times comes.
TechSideline.com (a.k.a. TSL) is an independent publication that is in no way affiliated with or sponsored by Virginia Tech or the Virginia Tech Athletic Department. This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox or MS Internet Explorer at a video resolution of 1024x768 or higher. For more details, including a list of TechSideline staff, see our Contact Page. All original material and images are copyrighted by TechSideline.com and may not be reused or reprinted without permission.