Check out recent scholarship offer updates for Virginia Tech targets, in both the 2013 and 2014 classes. …
Class of 2013
- Purdue has become the ninth major FBS school to offer 6’4″, 195-pound linebacker/safety Oren Burks, who also has offers from Boston College, Duke, Maryland, Nebraska, N.C. State, Virginia, Virginia Tech and West Virginia.
- Mountain View (Stafford, VA) junior wide receiver/defensive back DaeSean Hamilton has added four new offers last week, from Illinois, Michigan State, Old Dominion and William & Mary. The 6’1″, 185-pound prospect previously held offers from Duke, East Carolina, Liberty, Miami, Temple, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest and West Virginia.
- Bayside (Virginia Beach, VA) star Taquan “Smoke” Mizzell has added offers from Cincinnati, Clemson and Tennessee. The junior running back now boasts 20 offers in total.
- Clemson and West Virginia have now offered Liberty (Bealeton, VA) defensive end Wyatt Teller, who says he still plans on committing by the end of this summer. He also boasts offers from Boston College, Connecticut, Duke, Maryland, Michigan, N.C. State, Notre Dame, Penn State, Rutgers, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Virginia Tech.
- Mills Godwin (Richmond, VA) offensive lineman Eric Tetlow landed offers from Boston College, Wake Forest and Old Dominion this week. The 6’6″, 290-pound junior had previously received offers from Pittsburgh and Navy.
Tetlow has garnered interest from Virginia Tech, but as of yet the Hokies have not pulled the trigger on an offer. He will attend Tech’s camp on June 3.
- Potomac (Dumfries, VA) defensive tackle/offensive lineman Donta Wilkins has been offered by Miami, the Washington Post reports. Wilkins also reportedly has offers from Boston College, N.C. State, Penn State, Virginia and Virginia Tech. According to the Post, UVa is the frontrunner at this point.
The 6’3″, 300-pound junior earned all-state honors on both sides of the ball in 2011.
Class of 2014
- Sophomore defensive back Quin Blanding picked up offers from Tennessee and West Virginia, bringing his offer total now to 15 in total. Virginia Tech has offered the 6’1″, 195-pound prospect.
- Indian River (Chesapeake, VA) defensive end Andrew Brown landed an offer from Alabama this week. The 6’4″, 280-pound sophomore also has been offered by Clemson, Duke, Florida, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Ohio State, North Carolina, South Florida, Virginia and Virginia Tech.
Brown named a top group of favorites in an article on Recruit757.com on April 30.